bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I just don't see what innovation has Tesla brought. That they started selling highly expensive so called luxury electric sedans highly subsidised? They even ripped off Maserati and Aston Martin design. Tesla is just as innovative as iPhone 6.
Please, name another manufacturer selling a full-EV in the same league and at the same volumes as Tesla. You can't, because there are none. Innovation doesn't always come in the form of some "new" thing. Sometimes innovation is in the execution. Telsa has put together a package that either A) no one else can, or B) everyone else is unwilling to even try.

I don't mean to be so breathless about the Model S. There are glaring shortcomings when compared to a petrol car. It's performance at speed is not as strong. It's range is far shorter. It takes an order of magnitude longer to "refuel" (3 minutes vs 30 minutes). But taken in the context of a full EV, it's the best anyone has delivered. The package is, as proven by the market, the best anyone has delivered so far.

That is innovation.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0