View Single Post
      10-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #91
jungcg
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
Oh, and this is not unsafe at all. Give me a break about the "I was scared" crap. I owned one of the first 335is in the country, build date of June '06, and I had a failure while on the highway and I was never "scared". It simply went into limp mode, I pulled into the right lane and got home slowly but safely.

Love this drama crap....

Cheers,
e46e92

what a short sighted remark! i live in johannesburg, south africa and i have had this problem with the engine virtually shutting down, together with loss of power assist to the steering and brakes, intermittently for the past two years. Dealers seemed to have no idea what the problem was until last week when the problem recurred and they replaced the HPFP.

I wrote to BMW repeatedly over the past 18 months but my emails were basically ignored.

Anyway, johannesburg has some rather unsavoury areas and the gps often takes me through these areas. I have always been extremely nervous driving this car at night for fear of some sort of engine malfunction in the wrong part of town - i'd be a sitting duck for hijackers/robbers etc, especially if i had to pull over or switch the car off at a traffic light! i've never enjoyed my 135 because i never truly had peace of mind while driving the car after the engine problems surfaced. quite sad and deeply disappointing really.

Last edited by jungcg; 10-26-2010 at 03:03 PM..
Appreciate 0