David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Shame on Good Morning America?

Dude, the fuel pump is flawed. Even with the recall, people are still going to get the same old fuel pump and will continue to have problems. Putting the issue in the public eye is a good thing. Lots of people who have had issues and replacements already probably don't even realize that the new pump could easily fail just like the original one in their cars. This will help educate the masses and maybe eventually BMW will be forced to address the issue properly.

Shame on BMW for not fixing this already, I say.
I must be getting to realistic in my older age. Most of the general public can give a rats ass about this especially since it is a "BMW" Did the public care about Toyota's woes that were blown out of proportion? Nope, Toyota is doing just fine. This will not harm BMW in any way shape or form. Have a car brake is part of owning a car. I get a car to drive when I bring it in, car is fixed and pick it up. Pump is covered for 10 years and I expect it to brake. Lets be realistic here. I have more issues with my 09 X5 than to worry about this fuel pump issue that they will figure out sooner or later.