View Single Post
      02-18-2010, 01:23 PM   #88
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Firstly, I have no real problem with Audi products, I even quite like 1 or 2,.. well actually only one now the A8 has gotten fugly (I admit it, I like the A5 Sport Back). The R8 is massively over hyped and quite badly proportioned IMO. But, let's be honest, they are not bad products....

However, this is getting ridiculous. Nobody likes people that try and make themselves popular by deriding other people, so why do Audi think that it would make them look good?

They are saying, "If you drive a BMW, Lexus or Mercedes, then your are Stupid, boring and unimaginative..." GREAT... so let me get this straight... the are insulting the people they hope to tempt into buying an Audi... .... right yeah, good idea that.

The full BMW "Joy" advert is a much better advert IMO. It promotes positive emotions, rather than being arrogant and slagging off other peoples stuff. It shows the current line-up, it explains the companies philosophy, it shows the companies heritage, and (bet of all IMO) tips a nod to us BMW enthusiasts. BMW recognise what and who they are and that is what they try and push. All Audi do is gloat about stuff that nobody cares about.

BMW gave us BMWfilms.com
Audi gave us "Meet the Beckers"
BMW recognise the importance of making people feel good
Audi try make people for stupid and boring

... says it all about the mentality of Audi, and the people that buy into the brand.

Please, BMW, do not lower yourselves to respond in a similar fashion.

[u2b]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JSlyK5w8AQg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JSlyK5w8AQg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/u2b]
Appreciate 0