09-21-2021, 10:33 AM   #18
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
I would NOT put vinegar on the paint
Same. Have detailed cars on the side for years. Vinegar can be used to remove tar, sap and water spots but HAS to be mixed at a 3:1 ratio (vinegar to water) at least.

With this being said, I also work for a company that produces vinegar. After seeing what it does to steel and concrete, I no longer use it on cars at all.

I would also not recommend a car cover. This will only make the scratches worse. If a cat gets on your car, with a cover and the cover slips under the cats paws, what will a cat do to ensure traction? Yes, it will use it claws to gain traction, thus penetrating the car cover and digging it's claws into your paint/clear coat.

I fight the same battle anytime my car is parked at the girlfriends house over night. Cprayed my car with CMX back during the spring. Same night I went to stay with the girlfriend before the car had time to cure. I now have paw prints embedded in my CMX coating until the coat wears away.
Appreciate 1
selbyp93163.50