View Single Post
      03-26-2024, 10:09 PM   #13004
ToniCipriani
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 N20B0O ZMT 7AC

So I just finished installing the Road Top box on my car with HU_ENTRY, got the "CIC High 6-pin" variant, which turns out to be just the NBT version.

So far everything seems to work out of the box, audio passthrough works through the quadlock and didn't need to use the Aux Cable, even microphone seems to all work (I couldn't confirm whether it was pulling audio from the phone or the car's mic, though).

I'm primarily using this for Wireless Android Auto, however connectivity seems a bit finnicky. Android Auto starts fine on my primary phone (Motorola ThinkPhone with Android 14), but refuses to start on my backup (Motorola One Hyper with Android 11). It connects to Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, but when Android tries to start, either I get stuck on the waiting for device to connect screen or I get "failed to recognize device". Haven't tried wired Android Auto though. Phone tries to reconnect via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and seems to keep looping on that.

Furthermore, I'm noticing if I don't start the car and just the radio, Android Auto doesn't seem to want to connect either. When I start Android Auto when the car is off it prompts me to stop YouTube (the app on the box, not my phone), but then I also get stuck on the waiting on device screen when this happens.

Anyone seen something similar?
Appreciate 0