View Single Post
      04-27-2008, 10:23 PM   #28
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b622r View Post
I was driving home and I looked in my rear view and saw the grill and hood of an M3...I gave the guy a hard time and accelerated hard pulling into our neighborhood - he pulled along side and waved - I stalker followed him home and we chatted about the cars...nice guy - he says 'you wanna drive it'...

Hell yes...the car has a great feel and was much tighter than my 335 - the shorter travel on the clutch and shifter reminded me of my 97 M3. The sound of the V8 makes you giggle...power is very smooth and available - no surge of the turbo but more of a pull - it really feels like you can rev forever. The 335 "felt" like it could hang through mid-speed...maybe 3rd at 4000 RPM up through 90-100mph on the 335 - but the M3 seems to have a much broader sweet spot and better throttle response (part engine but also just simply the fly by wire throttle is set nice and twitchy).

From a looks perspective - i like the 335 better...the M3 sat a little tall...before I drove it - I was thinking about suspension, short shifter, and tuning on the 335...but the V8 may be the deciding factor - you can't easily make up that difference.