03-12-2024, 12:14 PM   #28
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron95 View Post
Monticello, NY does not require helmets.

It's pretty ridiculous to require helmets to do guided parade laps in trains of 4-5 cars, with traction control full on, no passing, etc.

I was in the so called "pro" group and the pace was quite ridiculous. It is good for those who have never driven M cars - I took it as an extended test drive where you could have more fun and get a better feel than what is possible/advisable on public roads.

If you go in with that "extended test drive" attitude you will have fun, as I did. If you go in thinking you will actually be able to do what the the name implies "Track Day" you will be very disappointed.
That wasn't my experience at Monticello the year I went pre-covid. With the lead follow format, we pushed the instructor to really get our monies worth. I've done many track days and it was by far, one of the hardest I've pushed a car at one of these type of events. Make sure when it's your time to drive, that the other drivers are also capable (bringing friends help), and as long as no one is lagging behind, the instructor will punch it too.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0