View Single Post
      11-13-2023, 02:26 PM   #3
inscrutable
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x1 x35i (2015)

Still having bluetooth connection problems between my new iphone 15 pro and 2015 x1

My 2015 bmw x1 i35x, which I bought pre-owned in 2018, keeps dropping the bluetooth connection during calls with my new iphone 15 pro.

I've updated to the latest OS 17.1.1, and checked my bmw vin, which says my software is up-to-date. I checked on idrive and see that the "telephone" portion of the software was last update in 2014 (which I imagine is when the car was first sold.)

Is this most likely something apple will eventually address in an os17 update, or does my car need to be forced to have a new bluetooth update?

It's quite a problem, as it's a pain not to be able to talk to people while driving without a 75% chance the call will drop off bluetooth (though the call won't drop- I just won't be able to hear people through speakers, though presumably they can still hear me.)

HELP! Is this something that BMW can fix? Is there an elegant 3rd party solution where I can install carplay, and that would fix it? Would it even fix it?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!
Appreciate 0