View Single Post
      03-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #40
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I've been looking for a chart like this for quite some time. Thanks for posting.

The only numbers that really shock me are the X6. For a car with absolutely zero utility, it's selling very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
I was surprised by that too, along with the much maligned 5er GT outselling a well-liked car such as the 6er coupe.

Seriously, that many people bought an X6!?!??!
If you ever tour the BMW factory (once they start up tours again), you will see that an X6 is produced in about a 1 to 3 ratio vs. the X5 (as you can see by the actual numbers it is even more than that, but I digress).

Here in the US there are about 7,000 purchased every year and up until this past year, it was actually hard to get one and ready for this? It had one of the highest residuals of any BMW up until recently.

As far as utility, it has the same ground clearance as the X5 and just slightly less headroom in back. For those who don't need massive storage, the hatch holds a very usable amount of "stuff".

I got one because while test driving the X5, my daughter said "Dad, I see one of these X5s everywhere, doesn't BMW make something similar but a little more unique?" Point taken.

Except in China where X6s are EVERYWHERE and X5s are rare
Appreciate 0