TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska///235i View Post
Hi all, I’m in search for a 7 passenger vehicle. Anyone recently bought one? Would love to hear some feedbacks..thanks

Sorry in advance if I post in the wrong section

This is going to be our family vehicle as we’re expecting our 2nd child next March. Price range will be $40-50K. Our current cars is a M235I and a Acura RDX (RDX will be going to a family member). We live in New England so AWD is a must. We’ll need 7 seater for obvious reasons. So I have narrow it down to the 2014-15 Toyota Highlander and the Acura MDX. Here are a list of vehicles that I’ve opt out.

All are 2014-15 models

Infinity QX60 – we loved this car and this was going to be the one but the new CVT issue was a deal breaker
Nissan pathfinder – again CVT issue
Honda Pilot – new model will be out next year and the look and ride is too off-road
Audi Q7 & BMW X5 – didn’t even look cuz I know is well over $50K
Minivans – too boring, not my style J

Why the Highlander and MDX:

Highlander - good bang for the buck and the Toyota reliability.
MDX – decent styling and luxury, love the new SH-AWD with the torque vectoring. Many reviews compare this to the X5. I know the 2 screens are annoying but I’m not going to get tech pkg/NAV, so not a big deal for me.
We've owned a Enclave and I must say... It is probably the nicest, most comfy, safest, luxurious, tech-packed 7-Pass mid-size SUV on earth. And the new 2014/15 models are even nicer with freshened LED head and tail lamp treatment. It is definitely worth your time to at least drive it. Trust me.