tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBullogna View Post
Try reading again, as that’s clearly not what was said. What was said was people refuse to acknowledge fuel comes from the same place, (ask anyone who lives near a storage plant and watches the delivery trucks come & go to the various ‘name brand’ stations), and while virtually all of it meets the definition of ‘top tier’, (which is a whole nother can of BS marketing), people refuse to admit there’s no proven difference between any of the majority brands. (Ie; Chevron vs Shell vs Exxon bullsheat). And every fuel retailer I mentioned does meet those BS ‘recommendations’, you just may not be familiar with all of them, (which admittedly could be regional).

My argument is about the snake oil of unnecessary additives, and was quite clear on that, albeit many choose to believe a BMW engine is more advanced than any other, thus requiring it, when it’s clearly an excuse of a money grab, (again, hence why not a single manufacturer to my knowledge recommends nor requires such), in 95% of circumstances for the normal life of an engine.
If others want to believe otherwise, that’s their performative, as I also stated.

E; imo, a better use of money to ensure future reliability would be a routine Oil Analysis, (which oddly so many are anti), as well as an occasional scope every ~25-35k miles. But, that makes sense, so, /shrug.
Of all the brands you mentioned you use only Costco is listed on the Top Tier Gas website as being a Top Tier gas. But you go right ahead believe whatever makes you happy.
https://www.toptiergas.com/gasoline-brands/

Good bye
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!