View Single Post
      01-22-2021, 06:22 PM   #2
Abrek
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY18 435d

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTE View Post
A friend of mine is keeping his PCH a little longer than expected and has had damage on it for a while:
  • Rear quarter panel
  • Rear bumper (edge)
  • Dent on wing
  • Front bumper missing the headlight washer cap/cover. Assume either side has scrapes.

I have made him aware that it is usually best to pay the leasing agency their prices on handing it back as there isn't the chance for them to say the car has been painted to lower standards, and charging him for further £££..

Can't exactly recall condition myself and will get images as soon as he can get these over to me, but he had gotten back into driving after a long break, and parks in a very tight underground car park with many pillars.

Most scrapes are down to base coat, not bare metal. Vehicle is a 2 series coupe, registered May 2017.

Any recommendations for body shops in the Docklands region? E16 postcode and surrounding areas.

Expected cost - £500-£800?

Other question - he was only meant to keep it for 2 years, its now passed 3 years. No one has contacted him regarding end of warranty check. Registered May 2017. Last MOT the centre mentioned it was just above the threshold for lambda readings but passed it as it dipped on another read. BMW should be replacing this for him if it's faulty, but its also nearing 3.5+ years since registration.
Nobody will contact him for end of warranty check, he needed to book it at the same time as brake fluid change and mot
Appreciate 0