Alpine F31
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB E350 4MATIC Estate

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
So looks like a modern interpretation of a '60s Lincoln Continental and will probably weigh as much too.

So tell me how the front seats move to adjust to the driver? Yeah, I'm sure the pedals and steering wheel move instead (I hope BMW doesn't call that innovative too). Lastly, there is no way on God's green earth that a car will pass a side impact crash test with the B-pillar integrated into the seat frame as this design has (despite the use of the miracle material carbon fiber). The energy transfer into the seat back would instantly snap your spine in half.

"The carbon construction allows the seat frames to be integrated into the load-bearing structure. There are also connections to the door sills and centre console, which means only a very small and unobtrusive B-pillar is required. The BMW Vision Future Luxury’s wide- opening coach doors would not have been possible without this new carbon B-pillar solution." - This just totally cracks me up. LOL. The 1960's Lincoln Continental made a 4-door (coach rear doors) convertible with just a half B-pillar.
Good points all, and I thought the exact same thing when I saw it... Continental! BUT, I also see plenty of modern BMW DNA and overall I love it.
The interior is amazing.
Appreciate 0