View Single Post
      07-12-2010, 03:28 PM   #31
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanstyle View Post
I agree the base price should be lower, given that they mentioned "less weight and expense" about the manual seats, but ultimately I assume the manual seats are less about saving weight and more about taking away so they can charge for it.
Yep. The decontenting is a business decision to save costs and increase profit. That said, while they took away the power seats, at least they give you MDrive standard now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueman2 View Post
I am missing what is changed with the M button. Sounds just like the current version to me.
The current MDrive requires IDrive. Speculation (I believe it is still that?) is that this one no longer does. It's the only thing that really makes sense, if you think about it, since IDrive is not standard so you can't make MDrive standard without either making IDrive standard or decoupling the two. Adding credence to the latter, the M3 GTS has (or seems to have - I haven't seen it officially confirmed, but it does have MDM for example) a non-IDrive dependent MDrive. So the software for the BC (the computer in the guage cluster) must already exist.
Appreciate 0