01-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #58
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewDFW View Post
You are correct. But I hope you don't confuse my loyalty with close-mindedness.

Early on, I divided my time pretty equally between 1Addicts, BimmerForums, and the BMWCCA.org forums. I still frequent all three, but the model-specific theme of 1Addicts has always been particularly appealing, for the obvious reason that it represented a targeted resource for tech/mech answers re. my 1-series.

That's the meat-and-potatoes. The gravy has been the good-natured attitudes, tolerance, and generosity of the other 1ers. Through trial and error, I found that 1Addicts was, and remains, one of the more genial and "troll-free" automotive forum sites around.

Based on testing the waters in several BMW sites, my admittedly subjective gut feeling - and one I still stand by - is that the 1Addicts, from the mods all the way down to the newbies, are the Bimmer drivers most likely to smile and wave passing you in traffic, and the ones you'd least mind parking next to your ride in a crowded lot.

As weeks pass, I expect this view will expand to include the membership of BimmerPost in its entirety, and I hope it will be reciprocated.
Well I can definitely see your points, and respect your opinion, but I still feel that it's equally applicable to e90post, mainly for the same reasons you just listed. I've yet to come across any 1ers that have been driven by enthusiasts (mostly teen girls in e83s unfortunately), but I have to say that every e92 driven by a guy I've passed has interacted in a positive manner of some sort, barring the typical exec figure.

The Bimmer community as a whole is equally inviting from how I see it. It all comes down to our individual experiences. Sometimes you might be unlucky and have a bad encounter, but for the most-part I've had a fairly positive experience.
Appreciate 0