View Single Post
      10-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #49
bjayfan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmcclane View Post
I would say most people, which are want a raw, sporty car from BMW that can be used for daily driving as well, want to hear the real engine sound and no active sound crap. I am not talking about posers and badge whores. I don't care if the ASD sounds good, if I only want a big heavy fast gran turismo car, I'd also take the M6, especially the Gran Coupe which are both very beautiful cars.

But when we are talking about the M3/4 and M2, there should be only real sound, these are the cars for the enthusiasts.
I don't want to insult anyone, but I would posit the type of enthusiast you're describing is actually such a small (as in tiny) percentage of buyers that BMW has no justification to build such a car.

Why is ASD different than all the cast wheels that end up on M's, or the plastic pieces affixed to make it 'look good', or any of the options that add weight with no return on performance, ...... ?

Don't you think that BMW doesn't look at what sells? Including how people configure their cars? Just take a look at many of the sigs of those responding to this thread.

Personally, I don't like ASD, so I turned if off. Very minor change, still plenty of engine sound to enjoy.

Pick your battles carefully: weight, handling and a much longer list of other things should be what you're talking about.
Appreciate 0