tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Surely there is more to the story. Tesla cars are very popular in Norway and their winters are a lot colder than Chicago. If it were simply “EVs die when cold” they shouldn’t be the #1 sellers in Nordic countries.
You might find this report interesting. In particular note the comments the Norwegians make regarding how Teslas perform during their winter months. We frequently talk about the preference of things in entire countries as if all countries are roughly equivalent in size and influence and overall dynamics in the world just because they are a sovereign country. That, of course, is not true. I think it’s worth noting Norway is basically tiny and their embrace of EVs isn’t even comparable to an individual state in the United States. Norway is less than half the physical size of the state of Texas and it has approximately 1/6th of the population of the state of Texas. 5.4 million people in Norway. Just under 30 million in the state of Texas. Chicagoland has a population almost twice as big as the nation of Norway at approximately 9.5 million.

member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!