04-07-2007, 07:48 AM   #7
335iNut
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by STE92VE View Post
The question is, what were you doing driving at 1:30 AM if you can legally only drive until 9 PM?

Don't mean to be a hard azz, but there are reasons why there are way too many accidents involving newly licensed drivers and that is why with the junior license, you are restricted to 9 PM. When my kids got their licenses, even though they were under probation for 6 months according to NYS, as long as they are under my insurance and using my vehicle, they are always on probation. That means, if they happen to get caught violating the traffic code, they lose their privileges and how they get around becomes their problem and expense.

I'm not saying that maybe you were following the other car too closely and didn't leave yourself enough room to avoid making the maneuver that required you to cross the double yellow line (which in it's self is a bigger problem because you potentially put yourself into oncoming traffic), but if you followed the rules that came with your license, there would not be any discussion about this at all.

Obtaining a driver's license is a privilege, not a right. If you abuse that privilege, be a man and take what you deserve. Maybe there won't be a next time if you can learn from your experience.
+1,000,000! I get so tired of these kids acting like they are entitled to drive their bimmer any way they want and that the cop is an asshole for issuing a citation when he sees someone breaking traffic laws.

Reckless driving for swerving around someone who stopped suddenly? Seems like you must have been hauling ass when you got brake checked otherwise the cop would have just popped you for following too closely.

BTW, a reckless driving conviction will double your insurance if you're with a large carrier; probably get you dropped if you're with a small one.
Appreciate 0