View Single Post
      02-28-2024, 09:42 PM   #81
noemon
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

I have always wanted to buy an AMG car and have test driven the A45s, C63s, E63s a couple of times each at different years and the suspension has ruined it every single time, they are all just impossible to use as daily cars, Audi feels way too cheap and macdonaldy type, so naturally BMW has found its way among the discerned as it is reliable, stable and relatively open source with all its software allowing for a gazillion of amendments and the only really proper ecosystem for aftermarket parts.

BMW stock suspension is pretty bad also but not in such an impossible manner as the AMG range and more importantly you can change it with many more different options than just KW's(also very stiff) or same such but like Tractive, Intrax, Nitron, MCS and this same thing applies to every other relevant part like wheels, aero, turbos, brakes, etc.

I have tried going to Mercedes and Audi but there seems to be a rejection going on.

The Audi's dealers I paid the whole car to, would not honour deposit terms on warranty terms the first time I tried to buy an RS4 so I walked out and took the money back and the second time I bought one again they crashed it at one of the parking's bollards the day before handover as the sales guy took it from the parking lot into the garage for a wash and basic check basically.

That was the Matt Watson 6-month tester*. I just walked out of the sale again when they showed me pics of the rear wing torn like a slice of pie and the funny part is that they would not even budge on the price. So both times burned by the Audi dealer and for good reason as I have driven several rs4's and rs6's since and I prefer the M cars by a large margin. The Audi cars are a bit old granda types of cars like the 80 used to carry all the grandkids. Good engines but always something missing from the soup, either a leather dashboard or good suspension or gearbox or aftermarket modifiability.

The Mercedes it has always been the AMG car itself rejecting bodies after a few miles.

Getting back-tired during test-drives? I have driven the M3 for 10-12 hours straight and several other long trips in Europe with it and the F10 M5 since 2015 and hours on the track without any back issues. I drive the AMGs slowly for an hour and I'm in physical back pain the next day.

Like seriously? how is mercedes continuing this folly totally unhinged?

Over more than one and two generations of cars.

Edit:*This one:

Last edited by noemon; 02-29-2024 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 0