View Single Post
      08-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #23
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1137 View Post
I couldn't resist....Ummm...your first sentence and your second sentence was taken as a personal attack. If you read my first post I emphasize calorie intake v burning. What are you a "nutritionist"? Macronutrient !?

Why cut steak?
A 6-oz steak delivers about 40+ grams of fat and about 16 gr of them saturated. A salmon has about 18 gr of fat and only 4 gr of them saturated but just about the same amount of protein (salmon a bit less of course).
Why cut sugar in processed foods?
Combined with carbs and complex carbs your body will store these as FAT if you do not burn them off.

Yes, the debate about gaining muscle versus burning fat (?) Personally I have gained about 15% strength over the past few weeks, thus muscle has grown as I have lost a total of 20 lbs. One must provide the body with the appropriate nutrients to grow your muscles...balancing act between carbs and proteins.

PS...I am not going to site resources b/c I am not writing a Term Paper. My recommendations are based on my experiences and with coaches and trainers.
I liked your first sentence, that is why I said you should have just kept it at that.

I still don't see the point you're making about steak.

No, I'm not a nutritionist, I just learned what is correct and what has been debunked.

Combined with carbs and complex carbs your body will store these as FAT if you do not burn them off.

A caloric surplus will result in fat gain, not specific foods - your post was wrong.

I know it's not a term paper, but its important to state facts, not just your wonky suggestions that give newbies the wrong practices. It's obvious you have nothing to site because you are not writing anything factual.

Don't take it the wrong way that I'm chopping your posts up. I'm only trying to make sure the OPs get the proper advice.