View Single Post
      10-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #17
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
991 s is literally everywhere. It's nothing special when you see another 991s rolls by. This car will turn way more heads. Speed is also on the merc. Slight adv to Porsche in dynamic perspective as far as braking, traction, handling. But when you are talking this much dollars.. Who doesn't want something that's little more special?
I dont find the Merc to be as nice to look at either. I mean, it looks like a 911 and SLS...and its a nice looking car but IMO a 911 especially a GTS, GT3 or turbo are far more special in my eyes. So yea, I would want something a bit more special, and the 911 wins in the category for me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
We will see, I certainly know how good the 991 is. It does however seem all the signs point to this car being a complete departure from any AMG they ever built. They have stated from the get go, number one emphasis was handling. I remember one of the test drivers using "go-kart like" when describing the handling. Just look how far back the engine is set back.

One thing it has trumped the 991 from the start is steering. The AMG GT luckily gets hydraulic steering. Although Porsche has come close to perfecting the electronic steering, it still isn't the same.

AMG boss Tobias just announced last week there will be a Black Series model. But more importantly an even more tack focused GT3 model. Aimed right at the 911 GT3.

“I don’t want to make a dragster that’s only good for doing 0-100km/h [0-62mph] in 2.8sec. We need more power, less weight, better aerodynamics and different suspension but the targets should be the power to weight ratio, drivability, lap time and tremendous feel,” Tobias said.
I dont think you can say it has the 911 trumped at all, considering the 911s, esp the GT3s electric is better than any Merc hydaulic steering. Thats precisely part of why the 991S and C4S were picked as better driver's car with better steering than the C63 Black and SLS Black even though it was electric vs hydraulic.
Again, its going to take a lot to even come close to a GT3. The only cars right now that are in the same company are the 458 Speciale and the McLaren 650 (excl hyper cars), of which both will be trumped when the GT3 RS and GT2 come out considering they are all very close as it despite the 911 not needing 600+ hp to do so. But as for Merc taking fight to the GT3 (a viable one at that), I just dont see that happening any time soon and wont believe it until I see it.

Last edited by Wolfinwolfsclothing; 10-27-2014 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0