View Single Post
      10-27-2014, 05:29 PM   #18
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
I dont think you can say it has the 911 trumped at all, considering the 911s, esp the GT3s electric is better than any Merc hydaulic steering. Thats precisely part of why the 991S and C4S were picked as better driver's car with better steering than the C63 Black and SLS Black even though it was electric vs hydraulic.
Again, its going to take a lot to even come close to a GT3. The only cars right now that are in the same company are the 458 Speciale and the McLaren 650 (excl hyper cars), of which both will be trumped when the GT3 RS and GT2 come out considering they are all very close as it despite the 911 not needing 600+ hp to do so. But as for Merc taking fight to the GT3 (a viable one at that), I just dont see that happening any time soon and wont believe it until I see it.
I don't think you can or will be able to judge this car based upon past AMG cars. This is a smaller/lighter car than both the SLS and C63. It is actually the same size as the 991. Looking forward to the comparos, another great addition to the category. I have a sneaking suspicion the AMG GT is going to surprise some people.

Quote:
Asked if it the GT will beat the 911 on track, AMG boss Moers said: “I know the 911’s lap times. And ours are faster.”
Appreciate 0