Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmahany View Post
Here is what I’m taking from your responses so far:
You don’t have time to work out, your diet is very poor, yet you want to build lean mass and see results.

You’re pissing in the wind with this thought process man. Some people dedicate their entire lives to fitness. They didn’t see results making excuses, eating junk food, and being lazy.

Saying you have limited time and a messed up schedule is not an excuse. Devoting 45-60 minutes three times a week is not hard to do. Many of us work 50+ hour weeks, have other obligations, and a social life, yet we still find time to get in the gym. The fact that you’re posting in this thread tells me that you have time to be working out.

You need to learn to manage your time better. If you haven’t already, set a schedule for yourself. It may suck waking up an hour earlier for work or going to the gym in work clothes, but if you want to see results, you have to put in the effort.

Your diet is another point that cannot be excused. Again, many of us live lives that make it tough to maintain a good diet. You have to put forth the effort if you want to see the results.

-Get a gym membership to a place that’s open 24-hours. Pretty much every decent sized city in the U.S. will have several to choose from. You can come and go as much as you want.
-Set a schedule for your workouts. Your schedule may be messed up, but if you know it before hand, you can easily plan ahead. Even if you don’t you can still find time to make it to the gym.
-Learn to pack your lunch or keep healthy snacks in your desk/car. I keep packets of Salmon in my desk drawer for whenever I forget to pack my lunch and need a healthy snack. There are plenty of easy and cheap things to eat that don’t need to be refrigerated that you can keep with you.
-Improve your diet. You can work out 20 hours a week, but if you have a poor diet, your workouts will not only suffer, but you’re not going to see the results you want. You can own a 7-second drag car, but if you put cheap gas in it, it’s not going to run (or at least not very well).
-Don't consume yourself with supplements. Don't go to GNC and drop the credit card on every weight-gainer in the store. Supplements are meant to fill in the gaps for a poor diet. You can get everything you need from normal foods that are much cheaper than supplements, and are still easy to prepare.

None of this is meant to be mean. It’s meant to be helpful and critical advice. You have to put the time and effort into this if you want to see results. If it were easier, we’d all be walking around at 200 pounds with 8% body fat.

It’s only going to get tougher the older you get. Some people work 50+ hour jobs and have kids to take care of after (you may have some yourself). That’s also not to mention the fact that the older you get, the harder it becomes to build lean mass as your testosterone levels naturally begin to lower (usually at some point in your 30s).
I second that 100%.

Goals are achieved by hard work and dedication, you want to get big or whatever you have to lift that weight and eat that food. No one is going to do that for you.

If you don't prepare, you're preparing yourself to fail. Simple as that tbh.
Appreciate 0