View Single Post
      04-26-2022, 03:27 PM   #22
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I mean the author made some true points, however they are totally irrelevant. These large executive sedans are often leased by people with enough disposable income to not care about when X Y or Z feature breaks, because by the time that happens they will have already traded in the car years ago. These sedans have always, throughout history, been about pushing the boundaries of luxury and technology. This example is no different.

Unlike Lexus, the Germans don't engineer their cars for longevity or what tech/features will still be relevant or functional in 5 years. It's all about here and now.

I personally find the new 7er's interior to be highly impressive. It blows the new S-class, Lucid, etc. out of the water and it's not even close. The exterior design sucks, but clearly BMW's questionable stying decisions haven't hurt sales.
Was going to state very similar viewpoint. My other add would be in contrast to this as the demographic of the 7 may not use all the tech or be comfortable with it, however, as I type this I’m thinking that the generation who might now have this disposable income and has matured, probably grew up using tech so won’t be too foreign of concepts.
Appreciate 0