View Single Post
      04-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #29
Herms
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
I understand what you said. My question to you is....is it WORTH $20k more than a 335?
I don't think it is, but it depends on what you mean in tems of "worth". From a sheet price point, I think it is worth it. If you want to upgrade the 335 to truly outperform an M3, you'd probably drop 5-6k + on engine mods (dps, tune, fmic, exhaust, intake, etc...), another 1.5k on coilovers (or more if you really want push-button adjustability like the M3), plus you're looking at extra money for bigger wheels/tires and body kits + installation for all that and the car will probably still not beat the M3 around a track, though maybe in a straight line. you can easily spend 12-15k on upgrades and the sad fact is that your modded car won't retain value as well as the M3, so when you sell it, actual cost could be about the same, and I'm not even factoring in the value of having the warranty.

The reason I don't think it's worth it is because whether you spend 15k to mod or 20k on the M3, I think the overall enhancement of the driving experience, considering I don't track the car, is too marginal to justify paying so much more. This is especially true when you consider cheaper mods that won't really have you contending with an M3 the same as say the Dinan S2 package, but will get you a lot better than stock for a couple grand (just a tune and dps, for example).
Appreciate 0