View Single Post
      03-16-2024, 03:32 PM   #27
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Oh come on man . We’re car guys, we love new stuff, but this… it’s tasteless and tacky. Anyone can create ‘new’. Just because we’re not lapping it up like hypnotised fanboys doesn’t mean we’re sad and depressed. There are other manufactures out there hitting all the right notes lately - Porsche and Hyundai immediately come to mind. BMW are not on that list currently (IMO).
I mean does it really take much design knowledge to design a Porsche ? They haven’t veered much from the original design. The 911 looks pretty my the same except longer. The Macan and Cayenne r elongated versions of each other. Same with this Tayan and Panamera. Porsche designs r really boring and not any different.
As far as Hyundai, it’s downright insulting. All they do is copy other people’s designs. The Genesis design dept is a joke. They took most of the styling from BMW and put in a Cadillac grill. It’s hilarious that you compare it to them.
The concepts r supposed to look funny and crazy. The real world ones r usually much different than the concept. The Rivian pretty much looks like a concept but it’s been well received. So to each their own. Im glad BMW is going back to the smaller grills of old with the concept.
Appreciate 6