05-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #71
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Actually it's happened many times since I've started (I've been at it 8 months so far and I'm far from done). My goal has been 2lbs per week but I cannot say I have achieved that at all times. From around Jan to now it has been slow going maybe a total of around 5lbs in those 3 months. I have started again counting much more accurately and I'm on a 2lbs per week pace again. It will stop, as it has before, and usually I will losen up on the calories. Sometimes even eating a bit more loose for a week or so and starting back up will break me through that plateau.

Even when I've stopped counting for a while I've managed not to gain any real weight back which is my ultimate goal. Counting the calories has made me conscious of what I am eating. Even when I'm not counting I now make better decisions about what I'm eating based on my experience counting calories.

However I guess we will ultimately find out in a year or two.
It’s completely normal that your progress has slowed. If you think about it, you’re changing one variable (your weight) and keeping another (your caloric intake) the same. When you lose weight your body will become more efficient and need fewer calories to sustain the same level of activity. At 300 pounds you may have needed 4000 calories just to sit on the couch and watch tv. However, at 200 pounds your body may only need 2800 calories to do the same thing.
Your weight is a quantitative measurement to measure your progress but do not consume yourself with it. Do you really believe that your BMI is a good measurement of your progress? I’m an excellent example (in my opinion) of why is completely useless. I went from a BMI of 35.2 down to 30.1 between the two pictures below. According to the BMI I went from “Obese” to “Obese.”

I laugh every time I see those two pictures because they were taken at the exact same place (Margaritaville in Jamaica) just at different times. I was also sucking in in the first picture which is why my chest/ribs look so much bigger in the first picture.
Appreciate 0