View Single Post
      10-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #82
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
We can tolerate toxins to some extent without having any health problems, but the effects from having altered dna put into your body is what I am concerned about. This has not been proven to be safe.
Woah there. DNA only does something when it's coding for proteins in a living cell. When you eat it it's just biomass that gets dissolved. The sequence is irrelevent to the nutritional value of the DNA itself.

Quote:
And I didn't want to go into religion at all, but I have a point I want to make. By modifying life aren't we essentially telling our creator that he made a mistake. I'm sure we all have different religious views, and some don't believe in religion at all, and I'm not trying to change your way of thinking towards that just using it to make a point.

We've been modifying our foods since the dawn of agriculture. Most agricultural plants and animals are not found in the wild, except farmed seafood (which is a very new practice). Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, Brussels sprouts, and savoy were all bred out of the same ancestral weed, for example. That ship sailed thousands of years ago regardless of your religious views.

But, by "religious view", I mean the anti-GMO people have their claims and opinions and stick by them regardless of the evidence.

Last edited by carve; 10-18-2013 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0