07-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #64
Falcao
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBuddy View Post
Cool down...

Maybe in the US BMW is about the Ms and Xs. I had 3series and 5series, than the kids came and now... I drive a Ford SMax as this is for me the - sorry - ultimate sporty family van. Which car is out there for Drivers (Fathers) who have to combine a sport with a family car and don't want to struggle all the time with the seat-belts for the kids due to narrow interior cars. There's a huge group of customers out there waiting for the right offer (that's why e.g. the 3GT is the right thing).

I don't see the Active Tourer in the line of the other BMWs (which are still there). Its broadening the product offering for families.

The only down side on this: This ActiveTourer is small! In my SMax I've 5 full seats + 3rd row (where adults do fit!). This is what I want. ActiveTourer based on strechted 3series platform, rear wheel and xdrive + engine above 200hp (my SMax has about 250hp).

+1. most of the people doing the complaining here think M3 is the only car in BMW lineup. Just because you are not going to buy it does not mean other people will not enjoy or buy the car. Everyone does not get their BMW to add, exhaust, tune, big wheels, low susp, etc. Don't take my word for it, look at profit made by BMW within the last calendar year in spite of bitching about turbos, losing their way, weight, EPS, etc. Some of us are not getting any younger and have kids, family, etc.

Active tourer concept is a refreshing concept and something i would consider as DD because M5 would be my other car. M5 i would tune, drop susp and all the other crazy stuff.
Appreciate 0