03-27-2024, 06:55 AM   #3
ade555
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 430D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
I looked into an E70 X5 as a replacement to my 4GC. They seem like nice cars, if you’re after something that sized. We needed a 7 seater and a larger 5 seat SUV or 2nd 7 seater. As most of my driving is on my own, a second 7 seater felt egregious so I was looking mostly to 5 seat variants (though we did cross shop the 7 seater with the XC90)

Ultimately for me, I felt the interior was a slight step back from my 4 series and after having a couple of BMWs in a row, I wanted a change.

So I’ve put a deposit down for a Porsche Macan S instead.
Yeah I can agree felt bit dated, but seating position front and back milion miles better compare to 4GC, I have honest opinion of my daughter who absolutely hates sitting in back of 4GC. Would love to own something like Macan but other priorities first.

I will use more for longer family trips ect., where room is preferred as we traveled all over Europe in past and looking to get back in to it. Not sleeping in it or anything like that and I don't think I want do this in 4GC as I feel broken after 4-5h, great car otherwise. XC90 yeah I just can't stand the look of them, the newer ones are better but as this will be 2nd car for my self at the moment can't justify spending £20k on one.

E70 2012-2013 you can pick something that is kitted out for about 6-7k with 110-130k

I owned other series BMW but never X5 and always stayed away from xdrive but we planning few winter trips where it might be beneficial to actually have some form of 4wd
Appreciate 0