01-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #94
ddk632
Chief Senior Executive Managing VP of Orange Sales
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW F87 M2 6MT MG HBDGR !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
I totally agree the LFA is awesome and a super car by every definition. Problem is the accessibility of the car. It's not a "real" car. When was the last time you saw one driving down the road? When it first came out it was offered as a lease only and Toyota/Lexus practically hand picked most of their customers looking for "high profile" individuals. I see Aventadors, Carrera GT's, Ferrari's, R8's, SLS's...almost on a daily basis driving in the SF Bay Area. I've never seen an LFA. I fear the i8 is going to be the same. A car that looks great at car shows and magazines but never to be seen in the wild.
That's a good point - I've never seen an LFA in the wild, either, and I'm in South Florida where exotics and supercars are plentiful.

I think the i8 will be difficult to catch in the wild also, but not as bad as the LFA. The first year BMW I think purposefully is producing limited numbers, the second year should be more but who knows.

I have a deposit down for a 2015 i8, so I know I'll see at least one in my area

When I met the BMW i Brand Manager at a private BMW i8 event in Miami last month, we asked him about this and he likened the i8 in terms of exclusivity and rarity to the Z8 of the early 2000's.

You don't see many Z8's but especially in LA, Bay Area, NY, and SoFla they are out there. I think i8 will be similar to the Z8.
Appreciate 0