View Single Post
      12-22-2014, 10:03 AM   #27
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Haha, I can't believe this all is still needed. I'd like to think its enough for everyone that people are happy. And yes, I know we are far from that. Even in my country, idiots are everywhere, worst example of course comes from the religious party. A female, doctor, and willing to ban abortions. That's so sick in my books. The most liberating law we have and female willing to take away our rights. She also keeps insisting that gay people should stay in closets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Well, to me it's one of the most liberating laws there is in our country. Before that, women were doomed to single parenting/ bad marriages if an accident happened. For women also to have a chance to walk away, it's important option. It in no way takes away the need to educate on birth control, and give other options too, but when I think about for example me as a parent in the age of lets say 18, that would not have been pretty, and I doubt I could've given up my kiddo even if it would've been the best option.

I as a woman wouldn't want to live in a place where a mistake, mine or someone elses could doom me for life, if the fix was this easy.

No, I haven't had one, and I doubt even if an accident had happened, would've taken that option, but it is great to know that exists.
Well, I appreciate you taking this seriously...here are my thoughts and I don't really expect many to agree.

At the heart of the matter, as a Christian, I do believe that life starts at conception. So although not born yet (as another poster alluded to), I see it still as life. And I think that's perhaps the most important difference that divides the two positions.

Because if it is life, how can killing someone be viewed as a good thing? As a liberating law? To kill someone who has no voice, no say in the matter, all under the guise of woman's rights? What about all the rights of the unborn women who are killed - should they not matter if it was only about women's rights?

Are there not other options - ie. if you do not want to have a child, there are many adoption agencies and people out there who are not fortunate enough to have a child who would love to have someone else's.

And I suppose another point that bothers me...in the majority of these cases (rape aside), it was a joint (hopefully) choice to have sex and with that, no matter what contraception you use, you always must face the fact that you *could* become pregnant. You made a choice, and a pregnancy resulted - why should that result in someone who is innocent in the matter being aborted?
Appreciate 0