12-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #35
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Its an interesting question. Ultimately, I suppose I see it as a poor choice to have sex if you are unprepared for the consequences. Not really a matter of whether it is "fair" or not.

However, I do agree with your viewpoint that men tend to get to "walk away"...there truly isn't as much repercussions I would say for men, as opposed to women. To that end, I also wouldn't be opposed for making the laws more supportive in that case where men have to be more responsible for their actions as well...after all, it was a joint decision.
I would tend to agree that there needs to be something put in place that puts a very heavy burden on a man who actually does walk away. I don't know exactly what that burden should be, but I think that insofar as the woman couldn't get pregnant without him, the guy has just as responsibility for the consequences and impacts on both their lives, regardless of whether one has an abortion or not. The problem isn't getting pregnant, the problem is copulating irresponsibly.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0