06-27-2023, 07:01 AM   #5
Oksamit78
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, F30 & F34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonksie93 View Post
I have just fitted some Bilstein B12’s to my 330D but i have noticed each corner is a different height. The front passengers is 4 fingers, front drivers 2, rear passengers 1 and rear drivers 1.5.

These struts and springs are NOT height adjustable, is there something wrong with them or do i need to put some milage on them for them to level out?

Thanks
Passenger front is a culprit for sure. Recheck the spring-to-strut assembly for correct sitting in the top hat and in strut support as was suggested by _ObiJon. Are you sure that you put the spring the proper way? For example, the OEM (and Dinan) front springs have bottom and top orientation and can not be put upside down without affecting the length/height of the strut assembly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Depending on what suspension bushings were loosened/removed, were the same components tightened and torqued at the correct loaded position? It's a common mistake to tighten bushes when suspension is hanging.

If the springs are original, there shouldn't be any difference than before the new struts/dampers.
No control arm or other bushing are required to be loosened up for this work (at least at the front). I've done it on my car just a months ago. But you are correct, it is a common mistake to tighten and torque bushings while the suspension is hanging. Bushings wear out prematurely because of that.
2017 F34 340i XDrive w/ M Sport Pack, Azure II /Black, B58B30M0, Dinan Stage 1

Last edited by Oksamit78; 06-27-2023 at 07:13 AM..
Appreciate 0