08-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #163
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
Yassssss. It's so embarrassing to have to endure these Plebeians who are now allowed to buy BMWs whilst I'm buying a BMW. Hopefully, you didn't catch any communicable diseases from that "type of people."

I think it's the other way around, I've almost been hurried out of the dealership on occasion to stop any of the 'plebs' being infected with any unwanted 'gearhead' disease that they think I might pass on......

Mind you I know someone that works in a Porsche dealership, and he reckons most of his 'customers' are clueless about what they are buying and are purely interested in the image of the brand rather than the actual product, so it's not unique to BMW (or probably any number of other brands as well)

It's just a sign of the times, certainley here in the UK, where there is now a distinct lack of interest in cars among the younger generations compared to 30 years ago............largely as a result of the escalation in costs of car ownership here in the UK.