View Single Post
      09-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #146
late apex
No Guts - No Glory
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Man you hit that right on the head about Audi. I seriously considered an s4 before my 335, but the arrogant sales people just turned me away. I love Audi's designs I really do, but I need the supporting cast to be strong on their front aka dealership.

When I test drove the S4 I asked some general questions, and the answeres were a little shocking. For example they only had a few loaners on hand, and they said if you're lucky you get one. Well spending 60k on a car I don't need to be lucky I need grade a service! It was a VW/Audi dealer and they seemed to be more concerned with customers buying 24k Jettas then 60+k Audi's.

That's why I stayed away. My local BMW dealer is great and until they start to fall apart and treat us like garbage I'm staying put!
Maybe ill just buy a used S4 and enjoy it that way..with a 2nd party warranty...
But the dealership you went to is not Audi, that's a privately owned dealer. Unless you've been to Audi's HQ in Neckarsulm or Ingolstadt you haven't actually been in an Audi facility. Audi dealers are hit or miss just like BMW dealers. My experience purchasing my R8 was positive, but I did find one Audi dealer in Germany that was absolutely horrible.

I just purchased my M6 a few weeks ago and the BMW dealer was completely clueless about it. First, they didn't even know they had it in stock even though it was listed on their website and cars.com. It took them 30 minutes just to find the car and another 15 minutes to find the keys. While on the test drive I could tell the salesman was absolutely clueless about the M6 and didn't have answers to a lot of questions.

We got back to the dealership and none of the staff could explain what the Competition Package was listed on the sticker as a $7,300 option. They tried to convince me it consisted of the CF roof and B&O sound system! If the information wasn't on BMWusa.com, they didn't have it. At least the Audi dealers I've been to in the states will call Audi NA for answers to questions they do not know. I figured that since my local BMW dealer rarely ever gets an M6, I would excuse their lack of knowledge about the car. However, when I brought the car back for the 1,200 service they didn't really make me feel confident they knew exactly what was required for that service. Then to make matters worse they said they had no loaner vehicles available and gave me a rental Dodge Caravan! I don't think I'm a hard customer to please, but I just thought that was ridiculous! I never had that happen at an Audi dealer. That said, I don't judge BMW by my local dealer. I doubt BMW has all that much control over all their dealers.
2010 Corvette ZR1 - sold

Last edited by late apex; 09-19-2013 at 08:12 AM..
Appreciate 0