View Single Post
      12-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #2203
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by ek99civic View Post
Still don't think Weidman solidified his title. Yes he won the 1st match but Anderson Silva was being cocky and asked for the KO. This time around Weidman did check Silva's kicks very well but I highly doubt that he did this thinking it would end the fight as it did. It was a fluke. I believe we still don't know if Weidman can take the champ. Yes he did have an advantage in the first round but as any UFC fan knows, Silva often is slow in the first rounds.

We will see how long he can defend the title especially against the hungry Victor Belfort!
Fluke? Are you referring to the leg break, or the 2 wins? If you're referring to CW's 2 wins, in the 4 rounds they've fought, Silva has not won a single round. AKA, total shutout.

As for checking the kicks, I guess you didn't read about CW's training, where they specifically practiced the technique to cause pain to the recipient. CW surely didn't think the outcome would be as so, but I'm sure he did intend it to cause pain and discomfort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
I don't think you understand what the word "fluke" means. Chris dominated the fight in strikes and take downs. So please explain your fluke.

That's like saying the 2013 NY Giants are THE best football team except for a few flukes.

Chris won in dominant fashion like he has for 9 of his fights and the Spider is done.
Agreed. Regretfully, AS is done, there's no way he's coming back from this. Fucking UFC spreading propaganda saying recovery is avg 3-6 months.