View Single Post
      02-07-2010, 03:48 PM   #12
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastMoneyPlaya View Post
The LA Times hit the nail on the head. I've been driving my '98 540 6-speed for 10yrs and have been anxiously awaiting the F10. The current 5 series design turns me off, which is why I've racked up 120K on my current model. But having watched the video and read the reviews from Portugal, I'm beginning to wonder if the new F10 is a little soft.

For one thing, I've never owned an automatic. My 6-speed is such a joy to drive - there's so much control. And I nearly vomitted when I saw the Autospy video which showed a push button electronic control to close the trunk - that is total crap. I'd prefer less weight and less money than puting an unnecessary option like push button trunk closer in the car. Four wheel steering is another useless overpriced option. All this techno crap they are piling into this car is ruining what a 5 series was originally meant to be - the ultimate driving machine. The adaptive ride is another total waste of money - something I would probably never use. And the radar controlled cruise control is another usuless gadget - I've never used the cruise control in the 10yrs I've owned my 540.

So I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do. My plans are to visit the NY Auto show in April to check out the vehicle in person. Eventually, I will test drive one and see if I can tollerate driving an automatic. Overall, I think the interior is close to perfect, but I think the exterior is a little less sporty than I'd like - I prefer nicer rims and an M style front bumper. Hopefully an M sport package will come soon.

Give me a mean looking sedan that handles like a sports car with some nice rims and X-drive and I'm a buyer!
No need to wait. Go buy the current M3.
Appreciate 0