View Single Post
      02-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #1
fatjoez
student
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e90

Thumbs down "Welcome to our BMW Dealership just don't waste our time"

So I just wanted to share my piss poor experience with a BMW Dealership rep today.

Just a little backstory first of all.

* December I visited the dealership with my dad & spoke to Rep A about a new/used bmw 135i, they had a demonstrator for sale which was not bad but we decided to put the purchase off a little to think on it a little.

* January we got back from holiday, I called to try seal the deal on the black one but they said it had sold the DAY BEFORE

* mid january we visited the dealership briefly for about 5 minutes & left, spoke to no-one

* End of january about 1 week ago, we went to the dealership and spoke with Rep B regarding a 135i.. He said they had one white 135i available, gave me a specsheet on that and a bmw 530i which I thought my dad might consider..

* Today we go into the dealership with me my dad AND my mum pretty much to try seal the deal on the 135i white.

Don't see Rep B, and rep A was with a customer, so spoke to Rep C.

He says the white 135i sold, none left in the COUNTRY, closest is an ordered one for June/July delivery.

So naturally I'm getting impatient. I've been over 2 months without a car, and explain to him my run of bad luck so far. I inquire about the new 320i sedan, he says they have a black one available and gives me a price/spec printout. I ask about 3 coupe he said they have none.

I then say hey what about 123d coupe. He says he's not sure then I say well can you check and tell me what you have. He turns to walk back to the dealership to do it then he turns back around and says. well hangon what do you really want? My colleague says you came in the other day and did the same thing looked at a lot of different cars. You know we get paid by the hour (wtf??) so basically you know my advice is that if you spend an hour with one rep and you get his card next time you wanna come in just give him a call and talk to them rather than talking to someone new everytime.

Couldn't believe it.. I've had better customer service at toyota..

I said listen if you guys dont have the car I want of course I'm going to at least CONSIDER other options when its between that or waiting FIVE MONTHS for the car I wanted originally.

I come into the dealership asking for a model of car, and you tell me my only option is one in a colour which i don't want & doesnt have the options I want, so of course I have to go away and think about it which is what I've done this week and now I'm back here telling you I'm prepared to buy it and you're telling me its sold.

He said yeah well best thing is to just narrow down what you want cause you gotta decide and then come in and we can sort something out for you.

Pretty much left it at that.

In Conclusion
Shitbox customer service & car availability

Thanks BMW New Zealand
Appreciate 0