03-02-2014, 07:48 AM   #9
NGEE
Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbmw1 View Post
Huh?

Apple does pretty well with getting its updates out to all models.. (Phone Wise) Even the ones that are 3/4/5 years old... I mean I just think they'd make a beautiful/simple and most of all SMOOTH Car Operating System. But +1 for the input.
My kids would beg to differ. iPhone 4. One year left on their contracts, and their phones are pretty much useless after upgrading to IOS 7. They cannot go back to the original IOS 6, because "restore to factory settings" does not restore to factory settings. Needless to say my kids are no longer "fanboys".

Apple "Genius Bar" tells me:

"It's a memory issue."
"You should have checked the forums before agreeing to the upgrade."
"Nothing we can do since it's a software issue."
"We only sell the hardware - the operating system is free."
"The iPhone 4 is an old phone." (which is still available brand new)

This is the problem we're faced with when the hardware manufacturer controls all the content, including the operating system - they can force us to upgrade our hardware any time they like. It is only after weeks of harassing Apple all the way up their food chain that I got any kind of resolution.

Granted, if BMW were to incorporate IOS, I would hope they'd negotiate a different way of doing business. But if Apple had their way, they'd control everything.

Last edited by NGEE; 03-02-2014 at 08:37 AM..
Appreciate 0