View Single Post
      08-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #57
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev ///Me View Post
Wing and I are on the same page here. The Z06 will be the bargain super-car just like the GT-R, but paying that much for something with a Chevy badge on it is the problem. People aren't motor heads like we are. Me, I wouldn't take a Z06 over a GT3. Anything else in the class, absolutely. I know I sound like a snob, but it's true. I feel the same way about the GT-R. Too expensive for the badge. For 125k, I can have myself a used Aston Martin, and I wouldn't care about performance. 'Exclusivity' become a factor.
I specifically like the appeal of a GTR or Vette Z06 precisely because of the lack of badge appeal. These are cars where you KNOW that everyone who bought them is a driving enthusiast who is passionate about driving on country roads and on the track and having a blast. There are hardly any "posers" who buy these cars. By comparison, there are plenty of rich douchebags who buy cars like Jags, Astons, 911, R8, M6, even Ferrari and Lambo purely as a status symbol just to show off how much money they have; people who couldn't drive their way out of a paper bag if their life depended on it, people who barely know how to top off their oil let alone swap a suspension in their driveway.
Appreciate 0