View Single Post
      05-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #31
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
They build an SUV (many of them...with another in the pipeline), ultimate driving machine is just marketing mumbo jumbo. They're a company who's purpose is to make money. With Mercedes and Audi selling their FWD based entry car like hot cakes (CLA and the A3 respectively), it makes sense that BMW would want a piece of that pie. Since it's FWD and shares underpinnings with Mini, it can attract even more young people to the brand due to it's lower price point.

I don't see an issue with it so long it's a well built vehicle. It can be FWD and still be fun to drive, ever drive a Mini Cooper or a Honda Civic Si before?
Many many times... it's not the same thing nor will ever be. Each company has its place and niche... this is simply trying to gain market size at all expense. I understand why, I am just not sure I agree with why.

Also, what's wrong with a 228 / 328? You can lease those cars for next to free... both good cars sticking to core principles. Nice chassis with RWD, priced well. Not a fan of the steering but I doubt many care about that tbh.