View Single Post
      07-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

Angry My rant about TV pop up ads

You know I’m getting a little fed up with these ads coming up in the middle of a show. I don't mind a little 2 second flash, but these animated graphics come on throughout the entire f'n program and just go on, and on, and on.

Last night flippin through some channels I stumble on the AMC channel. Cool “Halloween Resurrection” sweet never saw this one. Grab a Sam Adams kick the dog off the couch, prop my feet up on that thingamajig the wife calls a floating ottoman. I’ll admit just another crappy Michael Myers Halloween movie. But that’s not the point here. There is a scene where Michael harpoons some dude with a tripod, or at least it looked like a tripod. Now as exciting as that sounds I couldn’t tell you exactly where he was harpooned. Why? Well I’ll tell you. At that exact harpooning moment T-Mobile felt the need to tell me that they're having a sale on the new Samsung Galaxy S and that the next big thing is here. Next thing I see is that dude laying on the ground with blood spewing all over the place.

F it! I change channel’s. click, click, click, click, click TNT cool John Travolta in “Sword Fish”. Saw it already but what the hell I got nothin else to do. Get up look for the dog and apologize for kicking her off the couch. Prop my feet up on that floating thing again and to my surprise Halle Berry was on. Man I don’t remember this scene. She bends over and places a golf ball on the tee in sloooooooow motion. Well, couldn’t tell you what kinda shape she was in cause TNT felt the need to tell me that Smallville will be airing tonight July 21st at 10pm Eastern 9 Central........ Now I’m pissed!

Grab the cell phone. 1-800-COMCAST After hitting 2 for English, 3 for trouble with cable television I finally get a hold of Michelle. Now Michelle has no idea what she’s in for. I kick the dog off the couch again.

Michelle: Thank you for choosing Comcast this is Michelle speaking how may I help you?

Me: Hi Michelle, Do you have some kind of an ad blocker you can install in my box to prevent these ads from popping up every 10 seconds? You know just the way I have pop up blocker on my PC.

Michelle: No

Me: Ok thanks

I’ll just watch Blu Rays from now on.

Last edited by 2011CrazE89; 07-23-2014 at 07:22 AM..
Appreciate 0