View Single Post
      11-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #1
NavyBeeker
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 SS/SS - 19SepED

550i broken into last week

After 48 yrs of perhaps being lucky, for the first time my DD was defiled last Thursday -- around 7:15am when punks professionally shattered the front passenger window and grabbed a backpack and gym bag.

Arlington, TX in the gym parking lot. I was in the gym at the time. Car was locked with windows up. Was shocked to come out to car & find it in that condition - only 30 mins after I'd arrived! Sun was shining, lots of cars & people going in/out.... no one reported or saw/heard anything?! Really? Really!

No car alarm lights or sounds going off when I arrived either -- need to find out why no alarm sounded? Thought I had a motion sensor too...... 2008 550i. A few scratches around passenger door but luckily no other damage besides the window itself. Safelite came to my home the next day and replaced the window & vacuumed most of glass up too. Great service, will post a few pics later perhaps.

Police report filed - too bad no outside security cameras at the gym.

Miracles happen -- later Thursday got a call from a good Samaritan who found the bags dumped in a dumpster. Got the bags and "most items" back also -- minus a few items of value taken. Next day found that dumpster and found a few more minor items, confirming the bags had actually been there. Gave the guy some cash as a thank you (he never asked for a reward). He takes scrap metal from dumpsters to sell for cash.

Obviously was naïve in leaving those items visible as a temptation. Won't happen again. Now the wife wants me to quit that gym....
Appreciate 0