09-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #12
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumley View Post
I have BSM and if I were to do black again and had a choice, I'd do JB. BSM looks great too, so there's no wrong choice but the metallic flakes make the car look slightly dusty? or just not true black if the car is anything but spotless. No matter what it never looks as inky black as JB does.

Plus - despite what anyone says, all of the metallic colors are SO hard to paint match or touch up. Even painting a whole bumper doesn't mean it's going to match the rest of the car depending on the lighting.
Exactly my thoughts.
What do you guys use to keep the tires super black (not just shiny)? My only complaint is that with F15 xLine we have unpainted wheel arches, so those wheel arches look like what they are, just plastic, I don't mind those, maybe I can use back to black on them, but do you recommend anything else to keep the tires as black as possible?

I think I might still go with JetBlack but I am going back and forth between Imperial Blue & Space Gray
I just saw an imperial blue at dealer, it does look pretty cool, I posted a few pictures here: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=26 but sadly that one has painted arches.
Appreciate 0