View Single Post
      04-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Hapiness is partially unconditional

So i was watching this guy's videos https://www.youtube.com/user/BuddhistSocietyWA/videos and it just occured to me a large part of "happiness", or rather UN-hapiness, is in fact programmed into us.
By sadistic parents.
And perpetuated by sadistic, power-tripping bosses,cops - even random people you encounter everyday on the street.
Explanation:
Every played with a baby? Unless it's crying, it's probably giggling or having fun of some sorts.
Why? I don't know - just because..?
Unless the child hurts itself, is hungry, sick or bothered by something, it is largely content - happy.
Then witness a caregiver -especially as the child gets older and responsibilities enter the stage- for no legitimate reason do something to make the child cry - under the pretense of "You must do this, because this.."
Parents do this simply because it was done to them - therefor it must be true, and if it is true, why wouldn't you do it - baby can't be happy and carefree forever.
Granted - immunisations, homework, going to bed - are all legitimate tasks that must be carried out, and in the absence of higher-order cortical comprehension by the child, coercion must be used, and hopefully the child will grow to see the logic and not develop psychosis from it.

But no parent will readily admit to unnecessary use of force.. heck I have this weird flip thing I do to my cat because the sight of it makes me just want to do it. I know it is wrong, and I try not to do it, but good luck - you will keep doing it. That is what power is.

I imagine the psychopathic cop waiting in lie for you to commit the traffic infraction has the same feeling, and 9 times out of 10 you are probably in a pretty good mode when you make the mistake because it is well known in psychology the happier you are the more stupid things you do and your 'threat level' goes way, way down - like being drunk.

I have noticed it takes a long, long time to become happy - for the stars to align - you getting that little thing you say to yourself you must have before you 'allow' yourself to be - but that it doesn't last very long because you have been pulled over for some stupid infraction, some asswipe taxi driver cut you off deliberately - and soon you are bitterly complaining to the sadist in uniform or flying off the handle engaging in road rage to avenge the insult to your happiness.

Does this happen to you too?

(to be continued)
Appreciate 0