Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
Yeah I remember that - you said you were GAY
I am kinda the opposite - I think of things that piss me off and then try to do something about it - is this normal?
Someone could say to me, you have this and this, so you should be happy.. but then I don't that that and that, so I'm not..
I have no idea why things get on my nerve so much - is this a sign I should do something about those things - we shouldn't be annoyed by things we can't do anything about (in a circular logic fashion)

No doubt you are in a honeymoon state - just as you were different 5 yrs before, and maybe 5 years from now you would be in a different state. Just as no one would bother reading this thread if they weren't in a similar state of thinking.
When you are happy, you are and nothing can change it, and also the opposite. This would enter the larger metaphysical question - but you probably shouldn't care (yet) just have fun with your son.
LOL and the GAY part got your attention

Have you thought about why you're pissed all the time? I'm sure everyone gets pissed at different stuff but just gotta learn to live and let live. I've given up on trying to make changes to things that shouldn't even affect me. Sometimes it is what it is and that goes for the people in your life too. I stopped comparing myself with other people and just began searching for what I wanted in life. When people say, "hey you should be happy because you have this and that" my answer is always "hey I think you're right, I am pretty damn happy actually, thanks for reminding me." Whatever happens, I always tell myself that I've been thru worse. There's always someone in a worse situation than you.

To be honest, 5 years ago I was miserable. I was working a job in a trading company where I had no place to advance. I made a promise to my gf (now wife) that we'd go to HK, test things out for 3 years and leave if things didn't pan out. I was seriously making $7500hkd a month (~$1k usd) and I was broke, dead broke. My hopes and dreams were dying and its hard to take a moment to enjoy anything when life's like that. Everything I did was miserable to a point where I made my gf miserable too for constantly bitching about us coming to HK in the first place. I was pissed at everything that was happening because I kept comparing myself to my peers. When I stopped doing that, I found myself and went on a straight path to achieving things that I personally liked/wanted. Ultimately, my goal was to be able to get married, have kids and be able to retire before they would have to go to elementary school in HK. I'd hate for them to go to school here. We would all move back to Vancouver and my kid(s) would be able to experience things that their parents were fortunate to experience in Van.

Dude, HK is a miserable place. I live in YL and I try my best to stay away for the hustle and bustle life of HK. Maybe we should grab a drink sometime and talk about the things that piss you off.