Drives: F80 M3

Post BMW Design Personnel Changes

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW Design Personnel Changes
COMMENTS

Personnel changes at BMW Group Design

September 20, 2013

Munich.
Since 1 August 2013 there have been a number of personnel changes within the BMW Group Design team. Adrian van Hooydonk is in overall charge of BMW Group Design, which embraces all the Group’s brands, and is thus responsible for design at BMW, BMW i, BMW Motorrad and MINI, as well as Rolls-Royce. The various design studios, Advanced Design, design research, design strategy and DesignworksUSA all fall within his remit.

BMW Design

In the BMW Design Team led by Karim Habib, Domagoj Dukec has taken over as head of Exterior Design, Oliver Heilmer as head of Interior Design and Martina Starke as head of Colour and Material Design.

Domagoj Dukec, 38, the new head of Exterior Design, was born in Frankfurt and has worked in the Exterior Design BMW Automobiles team since 2010. He was responsible for designing the Concept Active Tourer.

Name:  P90133983-highRes.jpg
Views: 7783
Size:  46.3 KB

Oliver Heilmer, 39, replaces Marc Girard as head of Interior Design. The Munich native has been part of the Interior Design BMW Automobiles team since 2000 and was responsible for the design of the BMW 5 Series, among other assignments. Marc Girard, 43, will assume management of Automobile Design at DesignworksUSA, a 100 per cent subsidiary of the BMW Group.

Name:  P90133984-highRes.jpg
Views: 7862
Size:  36.0 KB

Martina Starke, 42, is head of Colour and Material Design. The qualified textile designer joined the BMW Group in 2001 and her responsibilities have included Colour and Material Design for the larger series cars as well as for BMW Individual.

Name:  P90133982-highRes.jpg
Views: 7568
Size:  42.4 KB

MINI Design

The MINI Design team led by Anders Warming welcomes Christopher Weil, 38, as its new head of Exterior Design. A Bavarian by birth, he has worked as a designer for the BMW Group since 2000, most recently for Automotive Design at BMW Group DesignworksUSA. Marcus Syring, 49, leaves his post as head of Exterior Design to join Rolls-Royce. Oliver Sieghart remains responsible for Interior Design and Annette Baumeister for Colour and Material Design.

Name:  P90133986-highRes.jpg
Views: 7896
Size:  51.5 KB

“As head of BMW Group Design I’m very proud of the wealth of talent in my team. I am convinced that through this restructuring we have given a significant boost to design in the individual brand studios and will continue to shape the future of BMW Group Design with success,” says Adrian van Hooydonk, Senior Vice President BMW Group Design.

Name:  P90133981-highRes.jpg
Views: 7882
Size:  36.9 KB

Name:  P90133985-highRes.jpg
Views: 7696
Size:  123.4 KB

Appreciate 0