View Single Post
      01-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
3 Stripes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine white F30

First time home buyer! (Need Advice)

Update:

I decided to pull the trigger on a fixer upper in July. You can get a better bang for your buck in the suburbs outside of chicago! 2,300 sf, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, unfinished basement. It came with new appliances, washer & dryer, new furnace, and new water heater. The buying process was a little stressful but easier than I thought. I didn’t really have any problems getting approved for a loan under my name even though I already had a lot of debt. The house was valued under market due to the condition of the house and came well below my budget of $200k. I gave a lower down payment in order to do some renovations. From August-September the house underwent some renovations. We decided to get laminate flooring, new carpet, new paint, and 18 new windows. We have paid under $20k for material and labor due to the fact that my uncle’s company did most of the contracting work (except for the windows). As it stands, I have gained a lot of equity in the home in a short amount of time. In the coming months I will be re-doing the family room and kitchen.

Last edited by 3 Stripes; 12-23-2016 at 10:52 AM..
Appreciate 0